Friday 20 July 2012

Fleetwood Mac

When I was 7 years old I managed to covince my friends and myself that I had, in fact, written most of the Fleetwood Mac songs. At this time my musical education had gone from Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac through to the reign of Stevie Nicks (In my eyes the woman is now a Goddess). Myself and my sisters were blessed in the fact that both of our parents had a love of music and this was bordering on the edge of obsession by our father. Each of us has a band or even song that directly attaches us to our father for that I cannot fault him. They taught us to appreciate it what we heard and to listen to things carefully in order to gain the most from it. I am so excited to hear that Fleetwood Mac are reforming and touring next year. My last terrible, heart wrenching break up lead me to submerge myself into the album Rumours and actually a great deal of the Mac back catalogue! Sometimes I think that music is my worst enemy because it evokes memories and emotions I would rather hide from, but I suppose I am lucky that I feel something, not everyone has that.

No comments:

Post a Comment