Tuesday 7 August 2012

Glamping


I am soooooo desperate to go camping, haven't been camping properly for years! A friend showed me this site ( http://www.theglampervanhirecompany.com) and although the thought of luxury camping is delightful I love the back to basics style more. I like the fact you get covered in dirt, sleep in a tent in close proximity, no outside wordly influences... very very appealing! I'm not advocating this has a constant lifestyle choice, I'm merely suggesting then when life gets too much, taking everything else out of the equation really helps. When you strip your life down and survey what is left you can really see yourself. People surround themselves with objects (I am a terror for this) and sometimes the meaning we attribute to these 'things' becomes more real than ourselves. We let the objects speak for us and take over our personalities. When that happens the worrying thing is that we might not like whats left when the objects are gone. I worry a great deal that I'm not 'good enough' that I don't meet peoples expectations, not pretty enough... the list goes on, but I sometimes spend too much time caring about what other people think of me rather than what I truly think of myself. I know I can't change this inbuilt flaw ovenight but I really want to work on it x

No comments:

Post a Comment